2011年6月14日 星期二

Journal---Alice in Wonderland



Whenever I read Alice in Wonderland, I feel like I am having an abnormal journey with her.  I am really fascinated by Lewis Carol’s imagination on creating this work, full of word games, riddles and mathematic problems.  Like Harry Potter, Lewis Carol created a brand new world of wonderland that no one has ever done before.

While I was reading Alice’s adventure, I can see her growing up and becoming like an adult.  The part that I really like Alice is that on her journey, she kept asking herself who she is, should she do so.  Sometimes, questioning about yourself can really help you develop your inner thoughts.  People all have to get through the stage of asking ourselves who we are.  When I was doing the story analysis, I found one explanation really interesting.  It said “Just as children on the verge of adulthood sometimes find themselves too small for adult privileges while being forced to talk on the no-fun world of adult responsibilities.”  I have a little brother, Oscar.  My mom always tells me to be a good model for him, which means I have to be mature and take care of him.  But I was not old enough to take care of him.  Still, I was forced to grow up.  I think no one really wants to be a grownup since the adult world is much more complicated and with more responsibilities.  It’s inevitable that we have to go through this stage and be a real adult in the future.

It is a book that I can read many times and have different interpretations each time.  Even after the class was over, I'll still find some times to have another adventure with Alice.




沒有留言:

張貼留言